Emerge Recovery Center is a leading treatment center for bipolar disorder in South Florida. We use a combination of medication management and psychotherapies like Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) to help patients attain comprehensive recovery.
Symptoms of bipolar disorder
The symptoms of bipolar disorder vary from patient to patient. Those who also suffer from addiction may experience heightened symptoms:
- Manic episode symptoms
- Inflated self-confidence
- Decreased sleep
- Extreme talkativeness
- Racing thoughts
- Short attention span
- Risky behavior
Those who suffer from bipolar disorder experience severe manic episodes, which may cause a hindrance in their social or occupational life. If you are suffering from bipolar disorder, get immediate help from the best rehab facility in South Florida.
How we diagnose bipolar disorder at our mental health treatment facility in South Florida?
Symptoms of addiction and bipolar disorder can often overlap, making it critical for individuals to see an experienced specialist. Our clinical team diagnoses bipolar disorder using multiple tests, such as:
- Psychological tests – Our doctor assesses the individuals’ thoughts and feelings, looking to highlight the evidence of manic episodes if any. Our physicians also interview friends and family to learn more about the addict’s general behavior.
- Physical exams – We conduct a physical exam and review the patient’s medical and addiction history to identify the underlying causes of imbalances in the brain. Often, finding out the underlying cause of bipolar helps treat the condition faster and more effectively.
- Mood charts – Our physicians also use mood charts to determine the length and frequency of episodes.
Besides, our team of clinicians compares the symptoms of bipolar disorder to make a precise diagnosis. It is critical to remember that a lot of symptoms of a major depressive episode can mimic the signs of bipolar disorder.
Treatment for bipolar disorder
Ranked as the #1 bipolar disorder treatment center, we devise a customized recovery plan for each patient and use a multidisciplinary approach to help recovering addicts attain comprehensive recovery. Our treatment for bipolar and anxiety disorders include:
- Medications – We begin the treatment by prescribing and administering medications that balance our patients’ moods and stabilize them for other rehab therapies.
- Continued treatment – We provide South Florida mental health treatment through our day and night PHP, IOP, and outpatient programs. Patients with bipolar disorder require lifelong treatment with medications. Maintenance treatment is crucial to prevent the risk of relapse over time. Even minor mood changes in bipolar patients can lead to full-blown mania or depression.
- Day treatment programs – We offer the best day treatment programs encompassing psychotherapies, counseling, and medical support, which help get the symptoms under control. Our clinicians will also help you learn critical skills and coping mechanisms to manage triggers and stressful situations successfully.
Emerge Recovery Center can help you break free from the clasps of addiction. Call 844-228-9073 to learn more about our bipolar treatment in South Florida. As a leading treatment center for dual diagnosis, we follow an integrative treatment approach encompassing medication management, psychotherapies, and counseling to help patients embrace sobriety.